Why Stay In-Town for Your Ski Vacation
March 2, 2010
Mount Crested Butte is an awesome ski resort. To put it quite simply, it is the reason I moved here. The resort offers a lot of great amenities that are perfect for a lot of travelers, but Crested Butte has a lot more to offer than most ski resorts. We have this incredibly charming town with more than our far share of top notch restaurants, bars and shopping. The town I am referring to is the Town of Crested Butte. Town is only two miles from the ski resort and offers a free shuttle every 15 minute directly to the base area. This means that vacationers staying in town have no need for a car and that everything is within walking distance. Imagine staying in a winter wonderland of a town, walking along the snow covered sidewalks, enjoying some of the most incredible meals you have ever had, riding a comfortable shuttle around town and to the base of the ski area, while all the time truly experiencing the carefree atmosphere that Crested Butte has to offer and then remembering you have not touched your car in a week. Don't you drive enough at home? I get a lot of seasoned vacationers to Crested Butte that have figured this out over the years and now make sure to stay in town every time they come.
Below is a short list of why staying in town is often more convenient than being on the mountain:
1) The best restaurants in Crested Butte are just a short walk away.
2) All of the night life this area has to offer is in town.
3) The shuttle takes you directly to the base area, so no having to hike your gear over bridges or any great distances.
4) During the day the mountain is the place to be, but at night you will be driving to town anyhow.
5) And finally the Savings. Town has some of the lowest lodging and entertainment costs in the area.